Tacos de Pollo
Chicken marinated with chipotle peppers in adobo sauce is special. We cannot get enough of this taco. This action packed taco combined with guacamole and roasted tomatillo salsa will be one of your favorites!
Tacos de Pollo / Chicken Tacos Recipe
Makes about 4 servings or 8 tacos
- 1 1/2 – 2 lbs. boneless chicken thighs (chicken breasts may be used instead)
- 2 tbsp. of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tbsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 – 2 tsp. olive oil for cooking
First, place the chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, garlic clove, lime juice, and chili powder in a blender. Blend these ingredients until the mixture becomes a smooth marinade.
Pour the marinade into a ziplock bag then add the chicken. Place the marinated chicken in the refrigerator for at least 4-6 hours, but no more than 24 hours.
After marinating the chicken, cook the chicken indoor on a pan/skillet or outdoor on the grill. If cooking indoors, heat the pan/skillet to medium heat. Carefully add 1-2 tsp. of olive oil to the pan then add the chicken thighs (chicken breast may be used instead). Cook each side for 5-8 minutes.
When the chicken is done cooking, allow it to rest for a few minutes before cutting into bite size cubes. As the chicken is resting, heat the tortillas.
Serve the chicken tacos with your favorite condiments. Our favorite condiments are guacamole and Roasted Tomatillo Salsa with this recipe. Serve and Enjoy!
Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce
- Ingredients: smoked jalapeño peppers in spices, vinegar, tomato sauce and ancho chiles, pronounced cheePOHTlay. By itself, a chipotle pepper is a jalapeño chile, ripened, dried, and smoked through a special process.
Mexene Original Chili Powder Seasoning
- Since 1906 Mexene Chili has been offering a unique blend of seasonings and only the finest sun-ripened chilies to prepare champion Texas-style chili.
- Chefs have relied on Mexene for championship Texas-style chili for over a decade. The taste of Terlingua is in every bite. The 'kings of chili' have unanimously agreed that Mexene is the chili powder of champions.
- Ingredients: Chili Pepper, Salt, Cumin, Oregano, Garlic, Silicon Dioxide.