Helado de Chocolate y Pecanas
Who doesn't love ice cream?! This recipe uses Mexican chocolate, which has so much flavor and is perfect for making ice cream.
On a different note, this video won first place at the Indi.com 2014 Chocolate Challenge Video Contest. We couldn't be more proud!
Helado de Chocolate y Pecanas /
Mexican Chocolate and Pecan Ice Cream
Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 6 ounces (1 1/2 cups) pecan halves
- 9 ounces Mexican chocolate
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, preferably freshly ground Mexican canela 1 quart half and half
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
1. Prepare the chocolate-pecan base
• Spread the pecans on a baking sheet
• Heat the oven to 325 degrees and bake the pecans for 10 minutes then let cool to room temperature
• Transfer Mexican chocolate and pecans to a food processor and pulse until mixture resembles a nut butter
• Pour/scrape the mixture into a saucepan then add the cinnamon and half and half; cook over medium heat while stirring thoroughly; right before boiling, turn off the heat; cover and rest for 20 minutes
2. Cook the base mixture
• In a new bowl, mix the egg yolks and sugar until thoroughly combined then pour into the still warm chocolate-pecan mixture
• Cook over low heat while stirring frequently; mixture is done when temperature reaches 175F/80C
• For the best texture, pour the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a smaller size steel bowl
• Cool to room temperature; refrigerate for at least 4 hours
3. Freeze mixture into ice cream
• Prepare ice cream according to ice cream manufacturer’s directions
• Freeze mixture in a plastic container with lid for at least 4 hours
• Now enjoy!
Oster 10 Speed Die-Cast Blender
- 10 speeds for precise control at the touch of a button
- 6-Cup glass jar, 1.4 Liter dishwasher-safe glass
- 450 Watts of ice crushing power
- Versatile- makes frozen drinks, sauces, smoothies, soups and more!
- Legendary Performance. Designed to Last
Calphalon Simply Cast Iron Enamel 5 Qt Dutch Oven - Red
The Simply Calphalon Enamel Cast Iron line of cookware is for the more traditional and meticulous cooking styles. Calphalon brings a new stylish enamel coating to traditional iron cookware. The gradual and even radiant heating will keep foods tender and flavorful. The slow preparation allows you time to add the right spices that will give each creation your personal touch of excellence. Enamel coating is naturally nonstick so you do not need to worry about burning or scorching. Fulfilled by Amazon.